These warm and crunchy pear tartlets make a great dessert for cooler autumn evenings. And they come together in under 30 minutes!
These pear tartlets are SO truly fast and simple to make, thanks to a package of pre-made pie dough. With a prep time of just 15 minutes (most of that is spent slicing the pears) and baking time of 15 minutes, these pear tartlets are ideal to make when you have company coming over.
🛒 Ingredient notes
This easy recipe has only 4 ingredients:
- Pears - I use Bartlett pears as they can keep their form and texture during baking.
- Pie dough - Store-bought pie dough is great for this recipe.
- Cinnamon sugar - for added spicy sweetness.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
1. You start by slicing small pears into very thin slices. Depending on the size of your pears, you may need to use your knife to trim some of the ends off to fit onto the pie dough circles.
2. Roll out the pre-made pie dough. If you try to unroll the dough while it's still too cold, you might get some cracks and breakage. You just need to use your fingers to mend together any cracks or broken pieces, then roll over with a rolling pin.
3. Brush each pie dough circle with melted butter and places pear slices on them.
4. Sprinkle each with some cinnamon sugar mixture, and then top each with anywhere from 3-5 slices of pears in a fan formation.
5. Pop them into your oven (which was preheated at 350 degrees) and bake for approximately 15 minutes. You'll want the edges to be slightly golden brown like this one.
❓ Recipe FAQs
This recipe makes approximately 15 mini pear tartlets, depending on the size of your pastry cutter. Mine was about 2.5 inches in diameter, and the last time I made these, the recipe make 16 individual adorable pie tartlets.
Bartlett, Bosc, and D'Anjou pears are great for baking as they can maintain their structure in high heat without turning mushy. They also keep their color and don't brown quickly after being sliced.
🍽 What to serve with pear tartlets
I would serve these individual pear tartlets with a dollop of fresh coconut cream and/or a scoop of vanilla ice cream (dairy-free for some of us!). These are also absolutely delicious on their own!
More delicious dessert recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
- 4 Bartlett pears
- 1 portion of pie dough refrigerate second portion and use later
- ¼ cup butter ½ stick, melted
- Cinnamon Sugar in a bowl, mix about 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar with ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the pears thinly.
- Defrost the pie dough according to package directions and smooth out any tears or bumps.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut circles out of the dough.
- Place on a greased baking pan about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Spread melted butter over each dough circle, just enough to cover.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over each dough circle.
- Lay down slices of pears on top of each dough circle in fan formation.
- Sprinkle more cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the edges of each dough circle are a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.