This is it. The kind of drink you could make a pitcher of and then sit out in the backyard with a watermelon mojito in hand while you and your good friends talk and laugh the night away.
The first time I made these, I didn't use nearly enough rum. My Mixology Monday taste tester, Mr. Bliss, was very certain about that.
So I upped the rum a bit, and the result is a fabulous fruity mojito that I think you'll love.
Now, you may prefer to add the ice to the shaker, shake it all up really well, and then pour into a cup. But I prefer to pour over the ice, so that the watermelon flavor doesn't get too watered down from the get-go.
This is the kind of drink I would make for summer barbecues, bridal showers, and definitely for a moms' night in. Perfect for making in batches for gatherings with friends.
Cheers to summer in all its fruity mojito goodness, friends. And cheers to Watto, our sweet summertime fruit friend who just keeps on giving.
- 10 mint leaves
- ½ cup watermelon cubed
- juice of one lime
- 4 ounces clear rum
- ginger ale
- two glasses with about ½ cup ice in each
- Muddle the mint leaves, watermelon cubes, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker until the watermelon is crushed and the leaves are broken up.
- Add rum, cover, and give the cocktail shaker a couple of shakes.
- Pour even amounts into each glass of ice.
- Top with as much or as little ginger ale according to your taste.
- Garnish with fresh lime slice and a couple of mint leaves.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
Do you like mojitos? What other flavored mojitos (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) would you enjoy?