Boost your brunch game with this impressive, delicious, and easy-to-make Ham Cheddar Spinach Quiche!
In Brunchland, quiche is both Queen and King.
One quiche to rule them all? Hardly. There are dozens of quiche recipes to rule them all, and this classic Ham, Cheddar, and Spinach Quiche is most definitely at the top, in my opinion!
Quiche is the perfect brunch meal: it's a one-pan wonder (other than the crust), feeds a crowd, and is super easy to customize with a variety of savory fillings.
Ham Cheddar Spinach Quiche
The magic of this quiche starts with the perfect pastry crust.
I've tried many recipes, adapted several more, and when I came upon this New York Times pastry recipe, I knew I hit pastry GOLD.
It's quite honestly the very best pastry crust I have ever made – hands down, no contest. Full stop.
This crust is buttery, sturdy enough to hold a myriad of quiche filling ingredients, and yet at the same time, flaky enough to enjoy a beautiful crust-to-filling ratio in each bite.
After making the crust, the rest comes together easily.
When in doubt, you can never go wrong with a classic flavor combo like diced ham, cheddar cheese, and spinach.
A ham, cheddar, and spinach quiche is ideal for a spring brunch with friends or any weekend breakfast with the family. Just add mimosas or bellinis (for 21+ set, of course), a side of fresh fruit, and enjoy!
Ham Cheddar Spinach Quiche recipe
Ham Cheddar Spinach Quiche
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp ice water
Make the Pastry Crust
- Add flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Add butter and use a dough hook (or pastry cutter attachment) to cut the butter into the flour and salt until it resembles course crumbles.
- Add ice water to the mixture and mix briefly, just for about 20-30 seconds, until it forms a soft dough. Shape into a round disc, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight. Bring the dough to room temperature before rolling out.
- When you're ready to roll out the crust, lightly flour a rolling surface and roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle. Lay the dough into a 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press the dough up the sides and refrigerate for about an hour.
Make the Quiche filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, just until the onions and garlic are softened. Add spinach leaves and stir, sautéeing all together for another 2-3 minutes, just until the spinach leaves are wilted and soft.
- In a large bowl, stir together onions, garlic, spinach, diced ham, eggs, almondmilk, and cheese.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan with pastry crust.
- Bake in the middle rack at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.