This Air Fryer Ninja Foodi Baked Potato is so simple, it may become your new favorite way to make baked potatoes!
And while we have many different air fryers, we especially love our Ninja Foodi. We use it every day for easy recipes like this Ninja Foodi Baked Potato.
🌟 Why this recipe works
The great thing about this air fryer recipe is how versatile and easy it is.
- You can air fry a perfectly baked potato with minimal effort. No need to watch for water boiling over or to heat the house with a hot oven.
- You really only need two ingredients: potatoes and a little bit of oil.
- While the potatoes are cooking, you can make other appetizers or your main course.
🛒 Ingredient notes
Potatoes - Russet potatoes are the best kind to air fry the perfect baked potato. They are sturdy enough so the potato skins hold their shape and the insides don't become too mushy.
You'll also need some olive oil, salt, and pepper.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
Full ingredients list and instructions are below in the recipe card. But here's a step-by-step quick look at how to make these Ninja Foodi baked potatoes.
- With a basting brush, brush the potato skins with some olive oil. This helps create a tasty crispy skin that makes the entire potato delicious!
- Using the tines of a fork, poke some holes into the outside of each potato.
3. Place the potatoes into your air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
4. Air fry at 400°F for 30 to 35 minutes, until fork tender. Sprinkle with some coarse salt and black pepper, then slice in half and add your favorite potato toppings.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Some people like to put aluminum foil or parchment paper underneath the potatoes in the air fryer. This is totally fine. I find that you don't need either, however, especially if you use a little olive oil or avocado oil.
Yes. Try to bake potatoes that are about the same size so that they cook evenly. The larger the potato, the longer it will take to air fry.
Allow the air fryer potatoes to cool to room temperature. Then wrap each potato individually in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Baked potatoes are done when they have an internal temperature of 205° to 211°F. But the best way to tell if your potato is done to your liking is to gently stick a fork through the middle and see if the center is soft tender. If it's still hard, then air fry it for a little longer.
🍽 Serving ideas
Serve air fryer baked potatoes with your favorite toppings. We love to add sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions or chives, and salsa.
This is the perfect side dish to create a hearty, satisfying comfort food meal along with main dishes like Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef, Instant Pot Pork Roast, and Instant Pot Sirloin Tip Roast.
It's also a great appetizer and Game Day food. Serve it alongside Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Meatballs, Creamy Dairy-Free Queso Dip, and Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings. Or use the same recipe as the basis to make our Air Fryer Loaded Potato Skins!
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this baked potato recipe? Here are the kitchen tools and equipment you'll need:
Ninja Foodi - we make our baked potatoes in our Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, which we love and personally use every single day. We usually use it multiple times a day! But you can use any air fryer that you have, whether it's a basket style or tray style air fryer. We've also made these in our Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker/Air Fryer in the air frying function and the crisper basket.
More air fryer recipes
If you love your air fryer as much as we do, try one of our many air fryer recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Air Fryer Baked Potato
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Use a basting brush to brush all sides of each potato with olive oil.
- Use the tines of a fork to pierce the potatoes a couple of times in each side.
- Place the potatoes into your air fryer basket or tray.
- Air fry at 400°F for 30 to 35 minutes, just until the center of each potato is fork tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to season, if desired.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.