My family is definitely a yogurt-loving family. We always have yogurt in our refrigerator. And we use it in so many different recipes! From smoothies, to cookies, to salad dressings, and so many other delicious items.
I was super excited to learn about and have the opportunity to try out the new Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurt. Have you seen these in your local grocery store shelves?
I love Greek yogurt because it gives me a nice protein boost. Perfect during those busy days of running from meetings to kids' activities to working on late night deadlines.
The Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurts come in 32 ounce containers for the two Plain and Simple varieties (choose from 0% fat and 2% fat). And they come in 5.3 ounce containers in a variety of delicious flavors, featuring locally sourced fruit and nuts from the Pacific Northwest. These include some of my family's favorite local flavors like Oregon Blueberries and Oregon Strawberry. As a mom, I love that they all contain no artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, growth hormones, or high fructose corn syrup.
We incorporate Greek yogurt into a lot of the food we eat on a regular basis. I decided to try the new Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurt in two different types of recipes so you can see how truly versatile Greek yogurt is:
Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
I always wanted to make an eggless cookie dough. I knew I wanted to use the Tillamook Coffeehouse Blend Farmstyle Greek Yogurt in my "sweet" recipe, and this looked like a wonderful base for it.
The first thing you should know about this recipe is that, because we're using Greek yogurt, this has a very tangy/tart frozen yogurt flavor. If you like the tangy taste of frozen yogurt over the super sweet taste of traditional ice cream, you'll like this recipe! The consistency is also thicker than regular frozen yogurt.
The FULL RECIPE is at the bottom of this post. You'll need butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips, Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Plain and Simple Yogurt (not pictured below) . . .
and for the coffee flavor, I used a 5.3 ounce container of Tillamook Coffeehouse Blend Greek Yogurt.
The result is a delicious delight for those who love the tangy flavors of frozen yogurt combined with a safe-to-eat, eggless chocolate chip cookie dough.
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- 1 container 5.3 oz of Tillamook Coffeehouse Blend Farmstyle Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cup Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurt Plain and Simple 0% fat
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (I love my Beater Blade), mix the softened butter with granulated and light brown sugars until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and blend for another minute.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Gradually add the flour with chocolate chips mixture to the stand mixer bowl and mix until well blended, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add both of the Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurts. Mix until well blended.
- Spoon into a freezer safe plastic container with airtight lid and freeze until the frozen yogurt is set, at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.