The minty green icing in this no bake cookie bar recipe make this a great St. Patrick's Day treat, but you don't need the luck of the Irish to whip these up successfully.
You and I, we're not much for technicalities, right? I mean, just because I made these mint cookie bars for Saint Patrick's Day, doesn't mean I have to wait until next St. Patty's Day to share this recipe with you. Am I right?
You and I, we can make these no-bake mint cookie bars any day. We're rebels like that. Oh yeah.
The color is actually perfect for spring, so feel free to add them to your next spring picnic, baby & wedding showers, birthday parties, or just any ol' Tuesday night. Heck, make these in the dead of winter, close your eyes, and you can then pretend it's a sunny spring day.
Until then, enjoy this no-bake dessert recipe. It's also one of my Urban Bliss No Measure Recipes. You can whip this up using almost any similar ingredients you have on hand, truly.
Tips to make this recipe to your specific taste while you're making it:
* Want a thicker cookie crust? Use more cookies.
* Want a more solid minty layer? Use more powdered sugar.
* Want a creamier minty layer? Use more melted mint chips.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer.
Remember: YOU are the genius of your own kitchen. These No Measure Recipes? They are merely guides to help you discover and develop your own taste buds & sense of food style. My goal is that each person out there learns to trust his/her own taste buds and cook/bake from the heart, and not by an exactness that someone else dictates as being necessary for deliciousness.
You got this.
Chocolate Mint No Bake Cookie Bar Recipe
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan.
- In a food processor, crush the Oreo cookies and melted butter until well blended.
- Press cookie mixture into an even layer at the bottom of the baking pan until the pan is well covered. Place in refrigerator to harden for a few minutes.
- In a standing mixer, mix the mint chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and cream cheese until well blended.
- Pour the mint chocolate chip/powdered sugar mixture over the cookie layer in the pan.
- Place melted semi-sweet chocolate chips into a ziplock back, cut one corner of the bag, and drizzle the melted chocolate over the minty layer in any pattern you choose.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and chill for about 30 minutes before slicing into small cookie bars.
These No-Bake Mint Cookie Bars are great to enjoy for up to one week if you keep them in the refrigerator.