It's that time of year when the scents of autumn take over my senses and all I want to do is bake anything and everything with apples, pumpkins, cinnamon. Enter my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread!
If you, too, are in the pumpkin state of mind these days, this delicious, easy pumpkin bread recipe comes together quickly and will delight your whole family.
I've experimented with several different chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipes over the years, and mine is a mish-mash of our own banana bread recipe and what we liked best from those previous pumpkin bread experiments. This is a truly easy, one-bowl recipe that makes a lot.
Warning: this recipe doesn't last long in my house, so feel free to double up and save some in the freezer if you want it to last!
Make it Your Own
- Eliminate the chocolate chips and/or the cinnamon sugar mix for plain pumpkin bread.
- Add walnuts or pecans.
- Top the loaves with cream cheese frosting.
MAKES: Two 9" x 5" loaves OR 1 loaf and 24 mini muffins
- 1-½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 15- ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar mix
- CINNAMON SUGAR MIX DIRECTIONS:
- Make a small batch of 1 part sugar to 1 part ground cinnamon in a small bowl or small Tupperware. Mix/shake until the cinnamon and sugar are well blended. Save for the last step of the pumpkin bread directions; use only the amount you feel comfortable using and save the rest.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, both sugars, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg) in a large bowl until well blended.
- Adding one at a time, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, vegetable oil, water, and vanilla to the dry mix, stirring in between each new ingredient. Mix in the ¼ cup mini chocolate chips last, until well blended.
- Pour evenly into two 9? x 5? standard bread loaf pans. Or, you can also use this batter to make one loaf and 24 mini muffins.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips over the top of the loaves, and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix evenly over the top of loaves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick test comes out completely clean.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.