If you are craving fall flavors in a flash, try this Air Fryer Apple Crisp recipe. It's an easy, fast, delicious fall dessert for two!
Apples are one of the best parts of fall!
But you don't have to have an apple tree to make these delectable and easy apple recipes! All kinds of apples are usually in abundance this time of year in your local grocery store.
If you're craving fall flavors like apple cinnamon, but don't want to spend all day baking apple pie or make a large batch, try this easy recipe for Air Fryer Apple Crisp. It a delicious dessert you can make in no time!
🌟 Why this recipe works
Apple crisp is a classic dessert that never goes out of style. My family loves this air fryer apple recipe, and I hope you will, too!
- Easy - You only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe!
- Fast - You can whip up a satisfying apple dessert in less than 20 minutes.
- Makes two servings - When you just want to make a small dessert for two people, this recipe is perfect!
- Tasty - This is a delicious apple dessert full of warm fall flavors, and a crunchy streusel topping.
🛒 Ingredient notes
- Apples - You'll need to core, peel, and dice 2 cups of fresh apples, which is about 2-3 small apples or medium apples.
- Sugar - A little granulated sugar sweetens the tart apples.
- Fall spices - ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg create a delicious symphony of fall flavors.
- Salt - Use kosher salt to balance out the sweetness.
- Brown sugar - Light brown sugar (also known as golden brown sugar) adds a rich sweetness to the crisp topping.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter that has been melted and then slightly cooled.
- Water - Just a little water helps soften the apples during air frying.
- Oats - A crispy oat topping calls for quick cooking oats or old fashioned oats.
- Flour - A little all-purpose flour helps create the crunchy topping.
✅ Step-by-step instructions
A full ingredient list along with detailed air frying instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. But for you visual learners, here's a photo step-by-step guide of how to make apple crisp in the air fryer.
Start by preheating your air fryer at 350°F for 2-3 minutes.
- Lightly grease the inside of both bowls with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced apples, water, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Evenly divide the spiced apple mixture between the two prepared baking dishes.
4. Cover each dish tightly with aluminum foil and place into the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer and the size of your bowls/ramekins, you may need to work in batches.
5. Air fry at 350°F for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, remove the foil, stir the apple filling, and carefully cover again with the foil. Air fry for another 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the streusel topping.
6. In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, brown sugar, and the melted butter.
7. Uncover the bowl and stir the apples.
8. Top with streusel topping and air fry at 350°F for a final 5 minutes.
👩🏻🍳 Air frying tips and recipe FAQs
Air frying tips:
- Preheating your air fryer helps cut down on the cooking time, so be sure to preheat your air fryer for even just 2-3 minutes. You can do this while prepping the apple crisp.
- Make sure you choose bowls/ramekins that are oven safe. If you see the words "oven safe" on the bottom of the dish, then it's usually also safe to use in the air fryer.
- Alternatively, you can use silicone molds that are made for air fryers.
- Depending on the size of your bowls/molds, this recipe makes 2 to 4 servings. It makes two servings using 10-ounce bowls.
- Remember that all air fryers are different. Depending on the make and model, and size of your air fryer, cooking time for this recipe might vary by a minute or two.
For best results, the best apples to use in this apple crisp recipe are Granny Smith apples or Golden Delicious apples.
Allow the dessert to cool down, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
🍽 Serving ideas
This air fryer apple crisp is absolutely delicious on its own. But add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you've got a flavor explosion!
Because it's quick to make, you can enjoy this dessert on even the busiest weeknights. But it's also special enough to make for small holiday gatherings for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Eve.
🍳 Kitchen tools and equipment
Ready to make this easy dessert recipe? Here are the kitchen tools and equipment you'll need:
- Air fryer - This is the Ninja Dual Zone Air Fryer that I use and love for this recipe. I've also made this in my Ninja Foodi XL Deluxe Pressure Cooker/Air Fryer.
- Bowls - Use oven safe bowls or ramekins. I use these 10-ounce bowls which makes two servings. But you can use smaller 6-ounce or 8-ounce ramekins to make 2-4 servings, or a single baking dish to create one large apple crisp. You can also use silicone molds that are designed for use in air fryers.
More air fryer recipes
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a 5-Star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card, and if you really loved it, please leave a comment further down on the page. Thank you!
Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F. Lightly grease the insides of two small oven safe bowls or 8-ounce ramekins with butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the diced apples, water, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until the apples are coated in the seasonings.
- Divide the apple filling evenly between the two bowls/ramekins and cover each tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the bowls in the air fryer basket(s) and air fry at 350°F for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove the foil, stir the apple filling, and carefully cover again with the foil. Air fry for another 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl. mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, and melted butter to make the streusel topping.
- When the air frying is complete, remove the foil and sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over each of the apple fillings. Air fry, uncovered, for a final 5 minutes.
- For best results, use Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, or Honeycrisp apples.
- The bowls/ramekins will be HOT. So use tongs or oven mitts to remove the aluminum foil from the tops when stirring the apple filling, to remove the foil to add the streusel topping, and to lift the bowls out of the air fryer baskets.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.