Fun yet sweet, romantic yet playful, these Rosé Jello Shots with Strawberry and Lime are just the thing you need to sweeten up your Valentine's Day meal or party!
Whenever Valentine's Day rolls around I remind myself to not be totally sucked in by this Hallmark holiday (because Valentine's Day should be every day, am I right??). So I'm getting into the spirit with a few tasty, fun, romantic recipes for you and your sweetie.
What makes these Rosé Jello Shots the perfect grown-up treat?
When you think romance, you undoubtedly think jello shots, right? No? Just me?
Okay, I'll admit: I don't immediately think jello shots when I think of romance. When I hear the term jello shots, fuzzy images from college days long gone and parties with beer pong and liquor luge come to mind... not exactly the epitome of romantic situations. But these strawberry jello shots are different.
If you haven't noticed, I like to do things a little differently here at Urban Bliss Life, and I love the idea of elevating this college classic and turning it into a new Valentine's Day treat.
Tools and Equipment
Here's what you'll need to make these cute little shots of sweet bliss:
- Unflavored gelatin
- Seltzer water
- Still water
- Lime juice
How to make Rosé Jello Shots with Strawberry and Lime
- Begin by adding water and unflavored gelatin to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- After the gelatin has dissolved, remove the mixture from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl.
- Mix in rosé, sugar, and seltzer water, then pour into mini plastic cups, baking pan, or other mold.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes until the mixture starts to set, then add the strawberries. Chill for 4-5 hours.
Plan on chilling them for at least 4 hours for them to fully set. You may need longer depending on how many you make.
I add a little seltzer water to add some bubbly, without adding actual bubbly. This gives them a bit of effervescence without overpowering them with alcohol.
More Valentine's Day Recipes
- Air Fryer Lobster Tail
- Seared Scallops with Corn and Longganisa
- Pinot Noir Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Rosé Jello Shots with Strawberry and Lime
- 2 cups water
- 4 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 - ¾ cups Rosé I like Rosé of Malbec or Brut Rosé
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup seltzer water
- 1 - ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, bring 2 cups water plus the contents of four packs of unflavored gelatin (most boxes include 4 packs per box) to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture has dissolved and is boiling, remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl.
- Add rosé, sugar, lime juice, and seltzer water to the bowl and stir to mix.
- Gently pour mixture into a pan or molds.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes until the mixture starts to set, about 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the strawberries, then return to the refrigerator to chill until firm and ready to slice. This can take about 4-5 hours.
Nutrition information is a general estimate. Actual nutrition details may vary depending on the exact foods & brands you use to make this recipe. It does not take into account any substitutions, toppings, or optional ingredients.
When was the last time you had jello shots? Have you ever made grown-up fancified jello shots and if so, what flavors did you use?