Looking for an easy and delicious appetizer for your New Year's Eve fete? Try these tasty brie tartlets with honey and almonds!
I created these Brie, Almond, Honey Tartlets first when searching for a snack and simply combining ingredients I loved. Now I make these for when we entertain as well as for simple nighttime snacking.
1 or 2 Pillsbury pie crusts - you can make your own, but I love to have this on hand in the fridge at all times for assembling quick snacks
Brie cheese - anywhere from a 6-oz to 12-oz round will work, depending on how much you plan on making
Special equipment needed: small round dough or cookie cutter, plus tartlet pan or a mini muffin pan (I do believe everyone who has kids or entertains at all should have a tartlet pan -- I use mine every week!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll the pie crust and cut into small rounds. I use the smallest of the DeMarle everyday dough cutters for my tartlets.
2. Place the cut-out dough into the tartlet or mini muffin pan.
3. Cut small cubes of brie and place in each tartlet. How much brie you choose is up to you, but I usually just place a cube small enough that it doesn't touch the edges of the tartlet shape.
4. Sprinkle a small amount of sliced almonds on top of and around the brie cubes. Again, exactly how much you choose to use is up to you, but I'd just put enough to add crunch and texture to each tartlet (I use around 5-8 slices per tartlet).
5. Drizzle a small amount of honey over each tartlet, just enough to add flavor and help fill out the tartlet. If you really must have a measurement, try anywhere between ¼ and ½ teaspoon, but be careful not to put much more than ½ teaspoon or the tartlets could get soggy.
6. Bake tartlets at 375 degrees just until the brie has melted nicely and the pie crust is baked fully, about 15-19 minutes depending on your oven.
Leave a Reply