Each year, I love mixing a few classic recipes in with some new holiday recipe creations. One classic go-to dessert that I love to make for holiday parties: Mini Pecan Pies.
I love bite-sized food at holiday parties and dinners because you get to taste a lot of different items, and it's easier to mix and mingle with a plate of small bites versus a large piece of pie.
I've been making these mini pecan pies for holiday gatherings with my family for several years, and they are always a hit. They go quickly, so you may even want to make a second batch, depending on how many people you have at your party! They are sweet and nutty, and these are sure to be one of your favorite fall dessert recipes too. They are easy to make, and you can make them ahead of time the day before, then when you are ready to serve dinner, just pop these into a 350 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes to warm them up and serve!
Or, you can even serve these at room temperature. They are completely versatile like that, which is another bonus!
Mini Pecan Pies recipe
Mini Pecan Pies
- Mini muffin pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the mini muffin pan with nonstick cookspray and set aside.
- Unroll the pie crust onto a cutting board. Use the cookie cutter to cut out circles. Roll the extra dough into a ball, then roll it flat again with a rolling pin and cut out more circles until you've used all of the dough. You should end up with 15 to 18 circles.
- Press each dough circle into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared muffin cups to create mini pie crusts.
- Sprinkle 1 to 2 Tablespoons of the chopped pecans into the center of each cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, egg, egg white, and salt. Spoon about 2 teaspoons filling over pecans in each muffin cup.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes, or until the centers are firm. The pastry should be just lightly brown and the filling puffed slightly. Let cool completely in the pan before removing the pies and serving.