This post about choosing a new dishwasher is sponsored by Best Buy and Bosch. All opinions are, as always, my own.
Have you ever lived through a large kitchen remodel in your home? We're in the planning and designing stages of our home kitchen remodel right now.
It's SO exciting! But also nerve-wracking at the same time. I look forward to sharing it with you here on the blog (and in my Instagram stories!) over the next few months!
Buying the right appliances
As a professional recipe developer, and as a food, wine, and travel blogger and photographer, I know how important it is to research and select the right kitchen appliances. During the remodeling process, one of my favorite meetings with our designers was appliance shopping. There are SO many options now, for every appliance imaginable!
Before we moved, we upgraded some of the appliances in our old home to help with resale value. One of those appliances was a new Bosch dishwasher. It was an amazing upgrade!
And while originally we weren't planning on getting a new dishwasher for our current kitchen remodel, our dishwasher decided to give out. What timing!
Now we find ourselves in the position of choosing a new dishwasher again.
Bosch AutoAir 500 Series Dishwasher
While we're still in the process of choosing a new dishwasher for our current home, I wanted to tell you about one of the coolest ones on the market right now. The Bosch AutoAir™ Bosch 500 Series dishwasher.
In this new line, the AutoAir™ system automatically opens the door at the end of the drying cycle to let moisture escape and fresh air in for dryer dishes (compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry).
Other cool features include:
- Room for up to 16 place settings.
- 5 wash cycles including five-level wash, options like Extra Dry, and a concealed heating element.
- A flexible 3rd rack, which can accommodate deep, tall, or uniquely-shaped dishes. Perfect for all of those serving dishes and serving utensils after parties.
- EasyGlide™ rack - this loads and unload smoothly. It’s easy to adjust and move the racks, even while they’re full of dishes.
- RackMatic®, which helps you fit it all, every time. It has 3 different height levels and up to 9 possible rack positions, so you can customize each load for your needs.
- 24/7 Aquastop® helps protect your floors. This 4-part leak prevention system uses sensors to detect and stop leaks, and can even turn on by itself.
- 44-dBA noise level rating, which means a quiet dishwasher. If you've ever had a Bosch dishwasher, you know that they are so quiet, that you'll find yourself checking the exterior light to know it's on.
And of course, you want a dishwasher that cleans well. REALLY cleans. I love the sanitize option with Bosch dishwashers, which reduces 99.9% of bacteria with a hot-wash rinse.
What Should I Look For When Choosing a New Dishwasher?
Here are some things to consider when choosing a new dishwasher:
- What size dishwasher will fit in our space?
- What type of dishes/how many dishes do we have and how much internal space do we need? Do we want a dishwasher that has flexible
- How often will we be using the dishwasher each day? Do we need faster wash and dry cycles?
- How important is energy efficiency to us?
- How much can we spend?
We're still not sure which dishwasher we'll go with in the end for our kitchen remodel, but this Bosch is a sure winner near the top of the list!