This post contains affiliate links. Please read my policy page for details.
Father's Day is coming up, and just in time, I received this awesome new IMUSA Panini and Sandwich Maker to test out.
In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of ordering paninis when we go out to eat. They are usually way too thick and difficult to eat for my taste, but having a panini maker at home, I can control the thickness of each sandwich -- and I love it!
My husband has been known to enjoy a good panini now and then, and I think making paninis for Father's Day lunch is a fantastic, updated alternative to the traditional BBQ-type of Father's Day meal.
How to make this apple bacon and cheese panini
After plugging in the IMUSA Panini and Sandwich Maker to allow it to heat up, I started compiling my ingredients for an Apple, Bacon, and Cheddar Cheese Panini.
I used Franz Organic Nine Grain Bread, which is SO delicious. You may choose to use any thicker type of sliced bread.
Next, layer the cheese slices. I used Tillamook Vintage White Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I love Tillamook's vintage white cheddars, but you can choose any similar type of cheese.
Layer the bacon slices and apple slices on the other piece of bread. I place the bacon first, because if you place the apple slices first, you are more likely to get a soggy mess of a sandwich as the water from the apples would soak through the bread faster.
Place the layers together very carefully, and place onto the heated panini maker.
The panini maker heats both sides of the sandwich, so it cooks fast. Make sure you don't go off and start to wash a bunch of dishes or anything -- hang out by the panini maker and watch for doneness. My sandwiches were done in about 4 minutes. Super fast!
Gooey cheese, perfectly toasty bread on both sides, and a panini that both my husband and I can enjoy.
The bonus with the IMUSA Electric Panini and Sandwich Maker: it's absolutely nonstick, and doesn't require much storage space. It was a cinch to clean: I let it cool down and then wiped it down with a damp cloth with a little soap & water. SO fast and easy, I wish all appliances were this easy! This little baby also folds up and stores nicely into a thin cupboard, so you don't need a lot of storage space for it.
And if you're making this for Father's Day, the less time you are washing dishes, the better. I definitely suggest investing in a nonstick panini maker and making some fast, fresh, delicious panini's this Father's Day!
More Fast and Easy Lunch Recipes
- Easy, Healthy Back-to-School Lunches
- Chorizo Sandwich Panini with Queso and Peppers
- Pesto Caprese Tartines
- Salsa Eggs
- 30 Healthy Back-to-School Lunches
Apple, Bacon, and Cheese Panini Recipe
- 2 slices of thick bread of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 6-8 thin slices of Tillamook Vintage White Sharp Cheddar cheese or the cheese of your choice
- 5-8 thin slices of apple peeled, sliced thinly
- 3 slices of cooked crispy bacon
- Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- Spread butter evenly over both sides of each slice of bread.
- Lay cheese slices over one slice of bread.
- Oh the other slice of bread, lay the bacon and apple slices to fit.
- Carefully place the two slices together.
- Place sandwich onto a heated panini maker and press down gently.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the panini and place on a plate. Slice in half. Enjoy!